Our unique Cold Clamp locates cable breaks & faults to a physical accuracy of better than 1 meter over long distance.
It causes a temporary optical loss marker at a location near the fault, allowing an OTDR user to find the physical fault with great accuracy.
In practice OTDR distance measurement is accurate to 0.5% - 2%. Real-world systems also often have cable coils & undeclared topologies that impact distance measurement. So a cable fault can be hundreds of meters away from an expected location.
- Works brilliantly over long distances
- Reduces network hazard and days of labor as exploratory trenching is eliminated
- Minimizes community disruption and excavation damage
- Finds hidden faults and breaks in fibre cables where there is no visible evidence
- Minimizes service disruption, since it can be used on a live system
- Economical repair allows revival of dark or abandoned fiber lines, reclaiming capacity
- Inexpensive, non-destructive & field proven. Telcordia (Bellcore) report available
- Use your existing training & OTDRs
- Safety kit & work practices are provided. (a small amount of liquid nitrogen is easier to acquire and manage safely than most people think!)
5 Cold Clamps & Consumables
10 Litre Dewar
1 Litre Flask
You can try a product brochure / spec sheet for more detailed information about our part numbers.
If you need help determining what might be the best unit for you, our sales engineers will be glad to assist. Simply fill in our 'Get a Quote' form with as much detail as you can, and we'll help you get your test needs sorted.