Kingfisher's unique and innovate MPO Visual Cable Verifier Kit is a quick, versatile and inexpensive way to visually check MPO cable installations and patch leads for polarity and continuity, and overall end face condition. Just connect the source, and view the far end with the microscope to observe the repeating color pattern at the far end. Fiber 1 is easily identified with a winking light. The colour sequence indicates the connection type. While doing this, the user can also check if the overall connector end is clean. This method is inexpensive and easily scalable to any number of fibers (a 12 fiber connector is shown in the illustration). See Product Brochure for more detail. See Quick Reference Guide or Video for operation of this Kit.
Quick visual check of MPO patch leads for polarity, continuity, and overall end face condition.
- Quickly verify the A, B, C, D status & end face of MPO patch leads.
- Quickly verify polarity & continuity of installed MPO links, 1 Km range.
- Quickly check & clean the entire connector end-face & pins.
- A single solution for 48 & 72 fiber connectors.
- Optional adapter cables for 4, 8, 12, 24 fiber connectors.
- Both SM & MM fiber.
- Generally meets current regulations & best practice for eye safety.
Connector & battery summary
Source accepts MPO/MTP-48, -72 connectors, SM & MM.
Microscope accepts MPO/MTP-4, -8, -12 -24, -48, -72 connectors, SM & MM.
Source 2 x AA alkaline. Run time >80 hours. Micro USB pwr /charging.
Microscope 1 x AAA alkaline. Run time >300 hr. Micro-USB power.
We gladly adjust kits to meet your exact needs.
Optional adapter cable OPT812 connects this source to MPO-24 cables, SM & MM.
Optional adapter cable OPT824 connects this source to MPO-4, -8, -12 cables, SM & MM.
Interchangeable connector adapters
General test leads & cleaning materials