MPO Visual Cable Verifier Inspection & Cleaning Kit, 72 Fiber KI-TK872
Kingfisher's unique and innovate MPO Visual Cable Verifier Kit is a quick, versatile and inexpensive way to visually check MPO cable installations and patch leads for polarity and continuity, and overall end face condition. Just connect the source, and view the far end with the microscope to observe the repeating color pattern at the far end. Fiber 1 is easily identified with a winking light. The colour sequence indicates the connection type. While doing this, the user can also check if the overall connector end is clean. This method is inexpensive and easily scalable to any number of fibers (a 12 fiber connector is shown in the illustration). See Quick Reference Guide or Video for operation of this Kit.
Quick visual check of MPO patch leads for polarity, continuity, and overall end face condition.
- Quickly verify the A, B, C, D status & end face of MPO patch leads.
- Quickly verify polarity & continuity of installed MPO links, 1 Km range.
- Quickly check & clean the entire connector end-face & pins.
- A single solution for 48 & 72 fiber connectors.
- Optional adapter cables for 4, 8, 12, 24 fiber connectors.
- Both SM & MM fiber.
- Generally meets current regulations & best practice for eye safety.
Connector & battery summary
The light source is compatible with MPO/MTP-48, -72 connectors, SM & MM
Optional adapter cable OPT812 connects this source to MPO-24 cables, SM & MM.
Optional adapter cable OPT824 connects this source to MPO-4, -8, -12 cables, SM & MM.
The microscope is compatible with MPO/MTP-4, -8, -12 -24, -48, -72 connectors, SM & MM.
The light source uses 2 x AA alkaline or NiMH batteries with selectable re-charging via micro USB port. Run time is 70 hours.
The microscope uses 1 x AAA battery with 300 hr life or external micro USB power.
We gladly adjust kits to meet your exact needs.
Fiber inspection scope
Optical light sources
- Highly cushioned and convenient carry case, sturdily constructed of durable custom molded urethane foam, splash resistant cloth outer covering with zipper and separator, carry strap.
- Space for any two KI2000 style instruments, VFL pen, microscope, batteries, adapters, manuals, test mandrels, power packs, leads and cleaning materials.
- The semi-rigid case construction is comfortable to use, avoids damaging other objects, and it's compartment layout helps avoid leaving items on-site.