A Two-Way Optical Loss Tester (OLTS) that's perfect for medium to ultra high fiber count loss, length and optical return loss testing applications on multimode fiber at 850 / 1330nm. A pair of these compact instruments set new standards of productivity, accuracy and ease of use. A multimode APC connector on this model is required for reliable ORL test performance. The 650 nm VFL VisiTester feature mixes a VFL in with the test signal during Autotest. It operates as a stand-alone VFL, or gives positive visual identification of a fiber to be connected during loss testing.
Each fiber needs just one test hook-up and one key press for a complete 2W / bidirectional loss, length & ORL test, and the same test method can be used for all fibers in a network, eliminating administration, training and test errors. Testing is accurate and can take only 5 seconds, direct onto flexible standards-compliant Tier 1 certification reports.
A pair of instruments both display length & bi-directional loss, & ORL each end, in real time, with no need to specify master/slave instruments. A single instrument can also be used as a stand-alone ultra-stable light source & power meter, VFL, ORL meter, or tone generator / detector. The ORL meter is calibrated with 50 u fiber, and works on 62.5u fiber with an appropriate dB offset.
- 25% of the size / weight, 7x the battery life of competitors
- Bidirectional Autotest loss, length and ORL testing on one fiber
- Full-feature optical return loss tester
- Real time Pass / Fail display
- 8,000 fiber memory and USB key file dump
- KITS™ reporting software
- Autotest optical power meter, >25 λ, 1 % accuracy
- Traceable reports: source stability & λ, meter cal & linearity, ORL cal
- 80 hr alkaline battery life
- 3 Year warranty and calibration cycle
- EF compliant multimode sources