What it does
Autotest communicates between two fiber loss test instruments, using the fiber under test.
Used on a source and meter, it sends data from the source to the meter. It synchonises the instrment settings and test process, including nominal source power and serial number.
Used with a pair of two-way testers, two-way data transfer additionally shares the complete bi-directional test results. So both instruments display & store the results. ORL is also integrated into the test sequence.
Two-way Autotest also includes simple user comminications, to assist the sequence of loss testing actions, and avoid the need of using a separate voice link. This also works via KITS™ software.
Faster, smarter, error free operation.
- Works between any source & meter ports with matching wavelengths, resulting in flexible field operations between quite different instruments.
- Fast, reliable and stable testing with less training, button pushes and errors.
- Use with KITS™ software for best convenience, either real time or post-processing.
- Supports both local or remote referencing.
- Specify which wavelengths to include. Set up simple one wavelength tests, or speed up a two wavelength test when using a quad wavelength source.
- Display just one wavelength on your meter, for simplicity.
- If a wavelength drops out (very high loss), remaining wavelengths continue unaffected.
- Two-way testers work seamlessly, so that compete test data can be viewed and saved at either end.
- ORL and length test is zero-effort & integrated into the general test sequence.